May 5, 2016

Crime: Pastor, others nabbed over ATM fraud

Tags


This is the statement of a pastor who were arrested alongside notorious criminals.

The pastor, a graduate of Abjuratory Technology at the University of Benin, explained thus: “On Thursday last week, I went to the bank because my brother told me he sent me N5,000. So, when I slot my card into the machine, the ATM told me that my card had expired.

“So, I went into the bank premises to complain, then they told me that they had the report that my account was used to perpetrate fraud, that I should wait. I sat down waiting before I saw the policemen who came to arrest me and took me to Evbotubu Police station. “I was shocked because that account was opened since 2004 when I was teaching in a private school. I feel embarrassed now because I don’t know who did that to me. They said a prominent woman of God used it and I have never received any fraudulent money from it. “I work with my brother at Ekenwa road. I know that sometimes, people call me to send money into my account for one issue or the other, that is why I am just confused now but I leave everything to God.” The police image maker in the state, DSP Abiodun Osifo Stanley, while parading the suspects on behalf of the state commissioner of police, Chris Ezike, stated that they would be charged to court on conclusion of investigations. “One Osaze Igbinigie was arrested in a popular bank in Benin in an attempt to withdraw money with his ATM. Unknown to him, the police has put a red alert on that account because the account was opened with the intention to defraud unsuspecting victims and that is his stock in trade and he has done this over a year now. “We monitored him and he was arrested eventually. He confessed to the crime, that he was lured into it by a friend who is now abroad.” he added. The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) have also busted syndicates of in-traffic robbery suspects with the arrest of three ‘one chance’ robbery gang and seven pickpockets using Ajegunle as the base of their operations. The operatives also recovered two danfo buses used by the gang in operations along Oshodi-Mile 2 Expressway. The 14-seater buses are presently in RRS Headquarters in Alausa.
Source: naij.com

Artikel Terkait

Just Naija News and Gossips! ...got inspired?
Please comment constructively and as well advertise with us
EmoticonEmoticon