June 4, 2016

Niger Deltan Reacts: The Truth Must Be Told

Tags

This article was written by a social media user whose opinion was totally personal and only carries personal opinion.
 THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD
For me, there's no pretending anymore about the problems facing the people of the Niger Delta, it's high time we separated the seeds from the shaft.

Honestly, there's no moral justification in impoverishing the goose that lays the golden egg, people of the Niger Delta does not deserve this ill treatment meted on them, especially, those of us that are educated but maintained peaceful means all this while, those of us that haven't carried arms to agitate for their rights just as others are doing.

Long before now, I had faulted the Amnesty style of implementation which could be classified as a facet of jungle justice. How could one grant amnesty to just a selected few from the Niger Delta because they carried arms, whilst others (patient ones) are left to roust in their fate or beliefs. Amnesty, if well defined, ought to have been a compensation for all indigenes of the Niger Delta, be it the aged, the youths and the little children. We all deserved a fair share of the national cake because we all are also affected by the pros and the cons whether good or bad.

Nigeria is fast becoming a non feasible prospect any longer, it is fast approaching it's fatal end if issues are not addressed now with utmost urgency. How can I come from the Niger Delta yet I cannot afford a decent 3 square meal; I cannot own a house, I cannot own a car, I cannot afford good education for my children, I cannot access good healthcare, why why why!!!???

Nobody has ever considered the health implications of all of us if there's oil pollution in the delta region, we all suffers same fate equally as anyone from the delta. Then why must it be selective in compensation disposition to people of the Niger Delta??? Is it not kindus enough to consider every Indigene of Niger Delta, especially, those from the oil producing communities, that they too should be adequately compensated??????

Do you think, people like me finds it pleasant to hear on daily basis, how our wealth from the Niger Delta is been siphoned and shared amongst those that have no niche feelings, those that have no inkling of where and how the so called wealth they so desired to misuse or squander recklessly without any pity emanated from...??? No, No, No, we won't never cherished this arrant nonsense, and totally demand a FULL STOP to that. I guess, they did so simply because they never laboured for it. Adam wouldn't have misused the opportunity God gave him after creation if he were to be conceived in woman's womb for 9 months and given birth via child labour through a vagina. Because, he would have realized the rigorous processes it took to be who he is, where he is, and what it is.

Most of you would be wondering why such a post is coming out from someone like me considering my status quo and vise versa, but then, you should know better that this topic has no basis in political affiliation or whatever, it is the lucid truth that should be attended to logically. I cannot be saying all is well while I languish in pains and frustrations. I cannot keep pretending all is well while I die in silence. Federal government should start granting Amnesty to ALL of us from the Niger Delta now, the aged ones, youths, and children. Federal government should increase oil derivation from 13% to 50%, but don't give it to the governor especially, Seriake Dickson who cannot guarantee accountability and transparency. Build low cost housing units in the region, introduce free education all over the Niger Delta just as GEJ built amajiri schools for those in the North. Federal government should use our BVN datas to effect any payment directly to Indigenes of Niger Delta.

Me don talk my own, me talk this matter based on where my shoe itches, me no dey speak for any group o, just representing me and my family in case una wan arrest me for loud mouthed....you know na. Person wey dey hungry no dey fear anything again o...

Artikel Terkait

Just Naija News and Gossips! ...got inspired?
Please comment constructively and as well advertise with us
EmoticonEmoticon